Did You Know?
- All employers with 11 or more employees are required to keep OSHA
record keepinglogs. In federally OSHA run states, some industry exemptions apply.
- Upon request by OSHA,
and employerhas 4 hours to produce their OSHA logs.
- A recordable must be on the individual log within 7 days of the
- Each individual establishment within your company must have a separate OSHA log and each establishment must post its own 300A form from February 1st to April 30th even if there were no injuries the previous year.
- OSHA logs must be maintained and updated for 5 years.
- Penalties for nonserious violations generally range from $0 to $1,000,
although thelaw allows for up to $7,000 to be assessed.
- Work comp compensable does not always mean recordable and an OSHA recordable is not always a compensable work comp claim.
- There is a difference between a
work relatedinjury and a work relatedillness Some are required to be reported to OSHA within a certain window of time in additionto the log.
- Contaminated needle stick and other contaminated sharps
incidentsare recordable and are considered a “privacy case” even if medical treatment was not required.
- There is more to counting days than 1,2,3…For example, a day may
be considereda lost work dayeven if the employee was not scheduled to work.
- The Federal OSHA deadline for online reporting is March 2nd.
If you are interested or would like more information, feel free to use the mail form below to send us your questions.